BroadWay coordinator David Lund will deliver a keynote speech titled “The European BroadWay to BroadNet: Pan European Public Safety Mobile Broadband” to kickoff the CommsConnect 2019 event in Melbourne, Australia on 27 November 2019.
An update on the BroadWay programme will be given, which has concluded a Request for Tender process on 22 August 2019. BroadWay is a Pre-Commercial Procurement programme which remains competitive throughout, with the goal to incentivise the development of the best mobile broadband solutions. BroadWay will spend ~€9m and consists of 3 competitive phases: Design, Prototype and Pilot. BroadWay will contract up to 5 supply teams for design, and will down select the best 3 for prototype and 2 for pilot. Final procurement of BroadNet will follow, leading to pan-European Operational Mobility for responders in the timeframe 2024/25. Operational mobility will enable responders to use mobile broadband wherever they in Europe, collaborate with other responders wherever they are in Europe and whenever they need to.
Whether you’re in the resource sector or public safety, transport or utilities, security or consulting, the conference and exhibition delivers countless opportunities to seek out new technology, share ideas and make new contacts.
- Is narrow-band radio still the best technology solution for the environment you need to deliver critical comms for?
- Which Public Safety Mobile Broadband solution will be the preferred choice of most agencies here in Australia and why?
- What mix of technologies can deliver you total coverage solutions for vast geographical areas?
- Where is 5G heading and what needs to be done to ensure a smooth transition in the years ahead?
- Is DMR set to continue to grow in popularity or will an alternative technology take market share?
All these questions and more will be answered at Comms Connect Melbourne 2019.